Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: we're being targeted again....


ONTARIO

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:
we're being targeted again....
Permalink  
 


I saw a blurb on the news couple nights ago. Seem's some part of Toronto is pushing a noise by-law and they said they are specifically targeting noisy cars.

Some azz-hat do-gooder, lives in a sterile box, rides their bike to work( not that there's anything at all wrong with that if you live close enough), doesn't use deodorant........jayzus I'm getting tired of these people. Isn't there another planet they'd be happier on?.......



__________________


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

don't fret on it too much. the way it's going we will all be looking for another planet and if they find one there has to be two with my thinking, one for them and one for us. of course ours will have trump for king to keep them off ours when they see how much fun we are having with all the extra cash from not trying to make all these hair brain "special" people happy. lol i had to



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


BLACKSTOCK, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1989
Date:
Permalink  
 

I think the "Blitz" is really looking at the "Harley's" with straight "pipes" even though the bikers say" loud pipes save lives" ?? I question that statement!!! Possibly the " TUNERS" with the COFFEE CAN mufflers & turning 10 grand shifts!!!!!!

__________________

I can only please one person a day, Today is not your day!!Tomorrow doesn't look good either !!!!



ALLAN PARK, ONT ADMINISTRATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 3364
Date:
Permalink  
 

Up here, it's the Harley guys and the farm boys with their Dodge diesel pickups........noise and black smoke.

Maybe just me, but I always appreciated a fast quiet car, had that cam lump, but you would hardly hear it until he really got on it.

__________________


COBBLE HILL, BC

Status: Offline
Posts: 1141
Date:
Permalink  
 

Harley nuts are wrong the noise from the loud pipes is heard after the bike goes by.
Poncho, where did you get that logo?
That's from #1149 Bonneville roadster.
From Alberta. I have the T-shirt.

"Fast, eh"



-- Edited by jarvis1 on Friday 19th of July 2019 04:28:55 PM

__________________


ONTARIO

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:
Permalink  
 

jarvis1 wrote:

Harley nuts are wrong the noise from the loud pipes is heard after the bike goes by.
Poncho, where did you get that logo?
That's from #1149 Bonneville roadster.
From Alberta. I have the T-shirt.

"Fast, eh"



-- Edited by jarvis1 on Friday 19th of July 2019 04:28:55 PM


 Eagle-eye strikes again !!!, lol...........



__________________
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 


simple rule

if you ain't faster n me you got no right makin' more noise than me

be fast or shut the ---- up

__________________
XZ


BRANTFORD, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 617
Date:
Permalink  
 

I believe that logo is the property of artist Jeff Norwell. I would contact him for approval. He is known to be very protective of anything he creates.

__________________
Bob T
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 

toronto is also doing a bunch of street speed reductions..

so new noise laws reduced speed limits .. great 'cept for one thing
I never really see any cops doing traffic duty these days
and haven't for a very long time

so I ask SOOOO?"?

__________________
XZ


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

dualquadpete wrote:

I think the "Blitz" is really looking at the "Harley's" with straight "pipes" even though the bikers say" loud pipes save lives" ?? I question that statement!!! Possibly the " TUNERS" with the COFFEE CAN mufflers & turning 10 grand shifts!!!!!!


 yea there are some loud harley's out there and i really don't see the reasoning on why they want or like them that loud. i put a set of reinhart true duals on my stock 95 decker and got just what i wanted a nice low rumble sound. when i put the hopped up s and s motor in the 96 i went with the same exhaust as the 95 but it was way too loud for my liking with the extra ponies so i ordered some extra baffles to tone it down. the way the traffic is today i have enough to pay attention to without having to worry about a cop waiting for the next loud bike or rice rocket car with that sh!tty sounding soup can muffler to nab. it is just looking for trouble with a lot of them stupid loud in my thinking, that or i am just getting old--er.  lmao  young brother bought another h-d and put pretty much straight pipes on it and i shook my head. joe, the ticket you get for the loud noise will be about 10 times lower than the ones you can get from the smoke cops for the straight pipes, why leave the door open to it. didn't mean nothing to him as he roared away. 

 loud pipes save lives? maybe something to it 30-40yrs ago but pretty much every car made today has a/c with the windows up, and the tunes likely on high, if not the driver also. lol next time out for a cruise notice how many you see with the windows down, not very many and a loud bike would have to be beside him or ahead of him windows up and by that time the crash noise will be louder than any straight pipe.  what goes around comes around, i can remember pops just shaking his head the first time i came home with a cherry bomb on the car. when are you going to get that exhaust fixed, i like my sleep around here at night. no a/c in the house and windows open for the night.    dejavu  lol



-- Edited by shag766 on Friday 19th of July 2019 08:35:15 PM

__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

DJD wrote:

toronto is also doing a bunch of street speed reductions..

so new noise laws reduced speed limits .. great 'cept for one thing
I never really see any cops doing traffic duty these days
and haven't for a very long time

so I ask SOOOO?"?


 i don't know what they are doing up there in the big smoke about speed but out here in the boonies i am noticing a lot more solar powered radar contraptions and they have gone from a temporary mounting to a permanent post. i am thinking photo radar speeding tickets aren't far off, wouldn't surprise me. one of my guys got a ticket in toronto running a caution light in the truck and it was a photo ticket. i thought they stopped that years ago, obviously not. 



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


S/W ONTARIO

Status: Offline
Posts: 559
Date:
Permalink  
 

shag766 wrote:
DJD wrote:

toronto is also doing a bunch of street speed reductions

so new noise laws reduced speed limits .. great 'cept for one thing
I never really see any cops doing traffic duty these days
and haven't for a very long time

so I ask SOOOO?"?


 i don't know what they are doing up there in the big smoke about speed but out here in the boonies i am noticing a lot more solar powered radar contraptions and they have gone from a temporary mounting to a permanent post. i am thinking photo radar speeding tickets aren't far off, wouldn't surprise me. one of my guys got a ticket in toronto running a caution light in the truck and it was a photo ticket. i thought they stopped that years ago, obviously not. 


 There are several red light cameras in London. I think if you get a red light ticket it's $360.
So from where I live do I go to London, risk getting a $360 ticket,,put up with city buses that always have the right of way,,bumper to bumper traffic or do I take a country road and buy what I need in a town in the other direction.
I hate going to London for anything, I couldn't imagine having to go to T.O all the time JMO
TMJ



__________________

"Good cowgirls keep their calves together"



FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

DJD wrote:


simple rule

if you ain't faster n me you got no right makin' more noise than me

be fast or shut the ---- up


 describe just how fast we talkin here. hemi fast or 572 fast, there is a difference and i have a hard time being quite at times. lol  i am with ponch on the quite but they have this electric cut-off switch for when i want to say something in a street driving car.



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 

eah, it's relative

I don't wanna hear your honda if it ain't at least faster than my truck

"know what I mean Vern ?"

__________________
XZ


ONTARIO

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:
Permalink  
 

Couple years ago a fella moved in a house over from us. I wandered over one afternoon to introduce myself and buddy says " are you the guy with those noisy old cars " (both warmed over 302's through turbo mufflers - how noisy can they be?) which I thought was an odd choice of " how d'ya do", so I turned, looked over at his dresser with shot-guns and replied " how the f*ck could you hear them over that?
He never did offer me a beer so from then on 'til the day he moved he knew when I was heading out my driveway.

__________________


COBBLE HILL, BC

Status: Offline
Posts: 1141
Date:
Permalink  
 

Let me say this, about that



Attachments
__________________


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

toomuchjunk wrote:
shag766 wrote:
DJD wrote:

toronto is also doing a bunch of street speed reductions

so new noise laws reduced speed limits .. great 'cept for one thing
I never really see any cops doing traffic duty these days
and haven't for a very long time

so I ask SOOOO?"?


 i don't know what they are doing up there in the big smoke about speed but out here in the boonies i am noticing a lot more solar powered radar contraptions and they have gone from a temporary mounting to a permanent post. i am thinking photo radar speeding tickets aren't far off, wouldn't surprise me. one of my guys got a ticket in toronto running a caution light in the truck and it was a photo ticket. i thought they stopped that years ago, obviously not. 


 There are several red light cameras in London. I think if you get a red light ticket it's $360.
So from where I live do I go to London, risk getting a $360 ticket,,put up with city buses that always have the right of way,,bumper to bumper traffic or do I take a country road and buy what I need in a town in the other direction.
I hate going to London for anything, I couldn't imagine having to go to T.O all the time JMO
TMJ


 like i mentioned i thought they were done with years ago. i don't remember the exact price but it was at least that much and the part that got me pissed off was the ticket was my ticket, company truck, nothing on the driver. when i got it in the mail is when the driver got it, 2 or 3 times.   lol

i with you on driving in any of the big cities anymore, don't wanna do it and i shop local as much as possible.  rather pay a little more to help the independents than the big corps, grocery's, hard ware, gas etc.  i live on a country road with grocer's on either end of it about the same distance drive to go into belleville with the box stores.



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


ALLAN PARK, ONT ADMINISTRATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 3364
Date:
Permalink  
 

jarvis1 wrote:

Let me say this, about that


 Just saw it on the web....if he says something, will remove it



__________________


COBBLE HILL, BC

Status: Offline
Posts: 1141
Date:
Permalink  
 

I don't know if Norwell did the art work. The design probably belongs to the guys that paid for it.
I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Not like you're making money from it.
DJ

__________________


BRANTFORD, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just for the record Norwell did do the artwork and I don't know who owns the design nor do I care but if Jeff still owns it you will probley hear from him.. Carry on.



-- Edited by Bob T on Saturday 20th of July 2019 10:42:16 PM

__________________
Bob T
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 

- if it had his name on it in the corner it might serve as a nice free push for his art .. just suggesting

support our own , he's part of this group , yes?

__________________
XZ
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 

must be scary being a photo radar unit stuck out in the boonies
so many hics that would chop you down and cash you in for scrap metal and electronics .. yep it's gotta be a hard life for photo radar standing out there all alone ,,,,,,,,,,

never mind the little hics too .. smart enough to know a little fog coloured spray paint fixes everything..

 

or, 

you COULD just rip it's antena off and totally repurpose the device....



-- Edited by DJD on Sunday 21st of July 2019 09:35:24 AM

Attachments
__________________
XZ


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

you see them around for some years but on a temporary basis with sand bags holding the post in place or hung on a tree etc. now the ones down the road from me and in other spots are in permanent and i am thinking the next step will be a speed ticket especially after i got that photo stop light ticket awhile back. the locals will know where they are but a out of area guy out for a cruise will be pooched and at what speed over is a ticket wrote. 6-7k over the numbers flash over that a pair of bright white lights flash like a strobe light. i use them to calibrate my speedo's mentally. the bike is reading about 9-10k fast and the 50 truck reads about the same slow, calibration done. lmao big brother is watching.

__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


PORTLAND, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 237
Date:
Permalink  
 

I know the Harley guys spout about Loud Pipes save lives -- Frankly , I think prudent riding saves lives !! - Regarding the noise : I have the privilege of living along the Rideau Waterway ( Now a World Heritage Waterway ) and nearly every weekend of the summer , a huge quantity of motorcycles crosses the Narrows Lock bridge , then usually blast on up the windy road . Fabulous riding , BUT , the racket they make if , just to please some over-mortgaged ego , is despicable -- LATER -- DON / FLEET 51

__________________


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

fleet 51 wrote:

I know the Harley guys spout about Loud Pipes save lives -- Frankly , I think prudent riding saves lives !! - Regarding the noise : I have the privilege of living along the Rideau Waterway ( Now a World Heritage Waterway ) and nearly every weekend of the summer , a huge quantity of motorcycles crosses the Narrows Lock bridge , then usually blast on up the windy road . Fabulous riding , BUT , the racket they make if , just to please some over-mortgaged ego , is despicable -- LATER -- DON / FLEET 51


 your right don about riding in and around that area being good. i have a doctor friend living on the system just south of seelys bay and her husband who rides took me for a couple cruises around the area and i was very impressed with the area for riding. i try to make a yearly visit on the bike and it is seldom we travel the same roads, it's pretty nice for riding around there for sure. last time we stopped at a triple lock just north of seelys for a look around. a lot of history around that area buddy for sure.  



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same


FOXBORO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:
Permalink  
 

talk about timing on this one, lmao, seems the city of toronto is one step closer to photo radar and confident it will happen. the next step is for the ticket money to go to the city not the province and collection power for a renewal of your sticker. who is next i wonder?

"Toronto expects photo radar cameras to generate $18.74 million in revenue next year, and $23.08 million in 2021, a staff report says."
-
-https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/local-news/city-focuses-on-photo-radar-cash-cow/wcm/59eddb68-f872-4bf9-a531-12ffac169a1e



__________________
if your not the lead dog-the view is all the same
DJD


SCARBOROUGH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 896
Date:
Permalink  
 

18 and 20 mill should help ol' Dougie some ...

nice of the city to find him some extra revenue lol

 

they wanna spend 40 or 48 million on bicycle safety.. bit STILL no mention of bicycle EDUCATION re safe riding 

1 mill in education would eliminate the need for the rest



-- Edited by DJD on Wednesday 24th of July 2019 10:17:21 AM

__________________
XZ


BRANTFORD, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:
Permalink  
 

If you lived on my street you'd welcome this targeting of noisy vehicles. We get it all ... Harleys, crotch rockets, tuners, diesel trucks and late model muscle cars that sound like ****. But have faith guys, the cops will put as much effort into this as they do targeting cars with tinted windows or vehicles that cruise in the left lane ... NONE !!!

__________________


CALGARY, AB

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jeff Norwell did bring the North of 49 to life for me and the North of 49 Crew.
We love our beaver and are happy to share him.

Beaver stickers

Race Gas



__________________
Ontario? It's a long drive, but doable.
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard