Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: US Parts company that ship out of Canada


GEORGETOWN, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:
US Parts company that ship out of Canada
Permalink  
 


we all get screwed over brockerage fees and shipping costs getting stuff shipped from the states.....

i found this place..and have had a great experience thus far...US costs, and a $20 flat rate shipping charge...i think they ship out of ajax..had all my parts within 1 week.

www.performanceparts.com

not sure if anyone else has an opinion...but my experience was a good one. B&M shifter was 189+tax, edelbrock carb $274+tax



__________________

John "Mask" Maschke

 facebook



COBBLE HILL, BC

Status: Offline
Posts: 1231
Date:
Permalink  
 

When I buy parts from USA, I tell them to ship it any way but UPS. They are the worst for extra fees, etc.

__________________


BELWOOD, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:
Permalink  
 

jarvis1 wrote:

When I buy parts from USA, I tell them to ship it any way but UPS. They are the worst for extra fees, etc.


 Don't use FedEx  they will do the same. USPS is the way I roll. Free Trade my A$$



-- Edited by VirgilHilts on Sunday 5th of February 2012 09:38:35 AM

__________________

Stu

 "some things hurt more, much more, than cars and girls"



LONDON, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 111
Date:
Permalink  
 

I get it shipped to mailbox in Port Huron and pick it up. Usually they don't wanna do the paperwork on the cheaper stuff.



__________________


NEW DUNDEE, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Permalink  
 

I use USPS and most times don't get charged with HST and usually around 7 days. I've used Summit and Show Car and Right Stuff.

__________________


OTTAWA, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have used Mackie transport to ship a car from southern British Columbia and more recently, West Virginia to Ottawa.  Both times their service was excellent and no hassles.  The cost ran between $1,700 and $2,000 for each trip.  Not cheap but you get what you pay for!

 

Mackie looked after the border paperwork etc when the car came across from the U.S. so it was completely painless.

 

I have no hesitation recommending them and they will deliver the car to your driveway.

 

The picture below is my '55 being delivered after making the trip from West Virginia.



-- Edited by Brianandhisbad55 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 07:20:28 PM



-- Edited by Brianandhisbad55 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 07:23:22 PM



-- Edited by Brianandhisbad55 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 07:24:30 PM

Attachments
__________________

Brian

(Ottawa area rep for the Right Coast Association)

1955 Chevrolet Belair two door post

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T



DOURO, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 840
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have purchased over 40k in parts and vehicles from the states via Ebay since 2002.

There is not a single source in Canada that can beat an Ebay price in my 10 years of scouring the North American Continent for better prices on stuff, even with shipping tacked on to the final price

Without exception USPS Priority Mail is the way to go. It takes from 8 - 18 days to get here, and 98% of the time there is no HST. Not sure why the other 2% does get dinged but I tough wood every time. USPS appears to be more expensive tha na carrier up front by about $20 , but is absolutely offest by the lack of brokerage and HST fees.
Greyhound is the next cheapest.
UPS is the worst - they have a flat rate of $38 plus HST on everything, and it goes up from there.
Only used Fedex once - never again.
Purolator is no deal either but not as bad as UPS.
Truck frieght isnt bad either for big pieces but you do have to pay brokerage and HST every time.

Now - I am looking for an economical transport company for fetchin a vehicle States side - anyone got a line on a good, and cheap one?

__________________

1947 Ford convertible, 67 Beaumont pro touring, 1953 Mercury pickup



BLACKSTOCK, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2003
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mackies in oshawa isn;t too bad, or used to be!!!! Cost of fuel & other things, don't think anybody's CHEAP any more!!!! Is it too far to get it yourself????

__________________

I can only please one person a day, Today is not your day!!Tomorrow doesn't look good either !!!!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard