Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: arizona mint


COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2145
Date:
arizona mint
Permalink  
 


here is some pics of the arizona cab i picked up today.  i cant believe how mint it is



__________________


NIAGARA REGION, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 308
Date:
Permalink  
 

Great shape, good score!

__________________
DavyJ


NORTH BAY, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 3717
Date:
Permalink  
 

Pretty frustrating when we see cars/trucks in yards just Rotted out from road salt!!

Beauty cab!!

__________________


FINCH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1261
Date:
Permalink  
 

whats that bottom pan along the back wall? Dont think I have ever seen an original one with out lots of rust out.

__________________

 ///// Join THE LOSERS c.c. of Ontario Ask me how/////

LOSERS CAR CLUB



COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2145
Date:
Permalink  
 

thats the bottom of the seat/fuel tank holder.  this cab is so mint i am almost shocked, i could build a 100 point restored truck with this cab.  its almost a crime that i am going to cut this up for my rat



__________________


BLACKSTOCK, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2047
Date:
Permalink  
 

fatstax wrote:

thats the bottom of the seat/fuel tank holder.  this cab is so mint i am almost shocked, i could build a 100 point restored truck with this cab.  its almost a crime that i am going to cut this up for my rat


 As the saying on a  Tee Shirt I saw in Hershey yrs. ago said " Anyone can restore a vehicle, IT TAKES A MAN TO CUT ONE UP"



__________________

I can only please one person a day, Today is not your day!!Tomorrow doesn't look good either !!!!



ELORA, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 827
Date:
Permalink  
 

dualquadpete wrote:
fatstax wrote:

thats the bottom of the seat/fuel tank holder.  this cab is so mint i am almost shocked, i could build a 100 point restored truck with this cab.  its almost a crime that i am going to cut this up for my rat


 As the saying on a  Tee Shirt I saw in Hershey yrs. ago said " Anyone can restore a vehicle, IT TAKES A MAN TO CUT ONE UP"


 Yeah, it takes a set...what kills me is taking such pristine, vintage tin and turning it into a rat? I dont get the rat craze and cant wait for it to pass like the late 70' thru 80's street machine fad did...god, were those cars retarded and wasted tons of valuable musclecars.

I'm not saying that you arent a good builder Fastax...looking forward to seeing what you do with it



-- Edited by Gearhead on Monday 15th of October 2012 06:11:32 PM

__________________

Tom Laughlin "Billy Jack" RIP - a true Hollywood hero



FINCH, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1261
Date:
Permalink  
 

to each their own I love 70s street machines and hate boring stock muscle cars. I like cool well built rat rods more toward traditional side. And the bobber truck is one of my favorite styles of new rod builds. I dont care what they built in the 50s. Its a new time and the 50s were 60 years ago. As for street rods alot of them are also boring.

__________________

 ///// Join THE LOSERS c.c. of Ontario Ask me how/////

LOSERS CAR CLUB



BRAMPTON, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 274
Date:
Permalink  
 

The only time I would not chop this up is if it were complete and not just the cab. Can't wait to see what you do.

__________________


COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2145
Date:
Permalink  
 

Gearhead wrote:
dualquadpete wrote:
fatstax wrote:

thats the bottom of the seat/fuel tank holder.  this cab is so mint i am almost shocked, i could build a 100 point restored truck with this cab.  its almost a crime that i am going to cut this up for my rat


 As the saying on a  Tee Shirt I saw in Hershey yrs. ago said " Anyone can restore a vehicle, IT TAKES A MAN TO CUT ONE UP"


 Yeah, it takes a set...what kills me is taking such pristine, vintage tin and turning it into a rat? I dont get the rat craze and cant wait for it to pass like the late 70' thru 80's street machine fad did...god, were those cars retarded and wasted tons of valuable musclecars.

I'm not saying that you arent a good builder Fastax...looking forward to seeing what you do with it



-- Edited by Gearhead on Monday 15th of October 2012 06:11:32 PM


 dont worry i am going to keep it clean and not build a clown car like some of the rats ive seen.  no jean material for door panels or traffic signs for floor pans.  too often people spend alot of money to make the rat look ratty.  i dont need to do that



__________________


MARKHAM, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1347
Date:
Permalink  
 

Nothing like having nice clean steel.

It really helps when the cutting starts. Let er rip!!!



__________________
PUGSY


COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2145
Date:
Permalink  
 

yes the risk of gangerene is greatly reduced when theres no rust



__________________


CAMPBELLFORD, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:
Permalink  
 

Much better start then the cab I saw that you were going to use Rob.. Gonna have to come and visit the new digs some Saturday now...

__________________

Buying selling and trading garage toys and big kid stuff.

 



COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 1393
Date:
Permalink  
 

whens the open house?

__________________

There are 106 miles to Chicago. We have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.



COBOURG, ONT

Status: Offline
Posts: 2145
Date:
Permalink  
 

the weekend of the tenth of nov will be when the dust settles.  drop by anyone who wishes to.  gates of kraft are generally open during the day



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard